Friday, March 15, 2013

I spent yesterday at two workshops.  The first was about creating android apps. I can now make a picture of a cat meow on my phone.  Yep, I am that talented.  I also made a magic 8 ball.  But who hasn't.  Really it was quite fun.  It would have been a lot more fun if the network had stayed up.  So, every year CUE comes to Palm Springs.  Every year the Internet fails.  Why is this?  In fairness I haven't been over to the actual convention center to test it--that will happen today.

I have been coming to CUE for 10 years.  I know because they gave me a ribbon that says so.  In 10 years I have no recollection of great Internet.  As a matter of fact I recollect some years when we weren't given access to Internet unless we were presenting.  Which is crazy at a technology conference.  But those days are behind us...

So, day one went well.  I am amazed at how many SV folks are down here.  Who actually goes to the Napa CUE conference? 

Well, let me know if you need a meowing cat for your phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment