Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Well, It's Almost Over.

It's amazing to me that I can actually do a lot in very little time.  I am, essentially, lazy.  I would prefer to be independently wealthy, but, since I'm not, I prefer my job.  My job is often feast or famine.  Lately, I've been feasting.  A lot to do.  Much that I took on without thinking through the consequences.

So, last week I attended the CUE (Computer Using Educators) conference in Palm Springs.  It was Google, Google, Google, IPad, IPod, Google a bit more.  Luckily, I'm in the market for Google.  Despite what one nice software salesman told me, I am moving my students to the cloud....the Google cloud.  The FREE Google Cloud.  Let's hope it works out.  I saw any number of sessions on Google, using Google, making Google work for you...blah blah blah.  Most were helpful.

First, Google Apps are pretty straightforward.  The heart is Google Docs.  Can you use Microsoft Office?  Great--Google Docs is for you.  Not all of the "stuff" (and I will miss my stuff) but the basics are there and that's what my students need.

The feasting continues this week.  I am going on retreat with my school.  I love sleeping with a bunch of people whose private habits I never really wanted to know.  It makes me nervous. Queasy.  Like when I was pregnant, only I don't get a prize at the end.

I am going to lead a discussion on one-to-one computers in the classroom (nope, don't have it yet) and Google Apps.  Now that I've got my forms working, all should be well....sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment