Thursday, March 10, 2011

Maybe a New Point?

So I spent my morning, well yes, helping people and in a meeting, but I also attended a great webinar:  "9 Companies Doing Social Media Right and What You Need to Know" with Mari Smith and Michael Stelzner.  I have begun to attend a number of these webinars on a variety of topics.  Since the real hot-topic is using social media to advantage many of them revolve around this.

First, many of these webinars are targeted to small businesses but I really think that schools are missing out.  there are a lot of lessons to be learned.  I spent 1 hour and came away with 2 really great ideas.  One included working with testimonials and beyond.  We're a school, testimonials are important to us.  The other had to do with apps available for Facebook and websites. 

For a minimal time investment in a free webinar I got two great ideas.  Worth it! 

So, why aren't more educators using free business webinars for ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment